Welcome to The official Website of OPM Institute of Education.
Om Parkash Memorial Institute of Education Dyalpur, Near Kartarpur. Kapurthala came on the map of teacher education in Punjab from academic session 2005-2006 with detailed efforts of Jagdambay Educational Society. It is a co-educational institute, recognized by NCTE and approved by Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. This institute has been promoted in the loving memory of Late Shri Om Parkash Batura, the revered father of Sh. Satish Kumar, the Hon’ble Chairman and life member of the society. The worthy chairman was continuously striving to fulfill the long cherished desire of his beloved father to start and educational institution. Like minded people joined him and society was generated and registered at Jalandhar.
Coming together is beginning
Keeping together is progress
Working together is success
The college is spread over five acres of land in the village of Dyalpur, Kapurthala. The institute is committed to produce dedicated, diligent and devoted teachers of tomorrow and render unparellel services in the field of education.
Our Missionary Vision & Objectives
Flatter me and I may not believe you
Criticize me and I may not like you
Encourage me and I will not forget you
Our mission is to encourage more and more youngsters to teaching profession and thereby invoking an urge in every individual to lead every other individual. The fruit of liberal education is not the capacity and the desire to learn, not knowledge but power.
The modern society expects education to be an effective instrument in the task of nation building.
Inspired by these feelings with a firm mission in mind, our management is committed to start a chain of institutions in various fields. Establishment of Om Parkash Memorial Institute of Education at Dyalpur is the first step towards spreading quality education. We are here to sensitize and imbibe in the prospective teachers, a desire for carving out supreme combined with right attitude, values and idiologies to achieve the excellence and to develop appropriate skills to hard work, discipline, morally enlightened, self reliant educated young teachers ever ready to chisel out a better tomorrow for the human race.
1. To inculcate spirit of teaching.
2. To impart quality education.
3. To develop healthy as well as critical attitude towards the growth of mental, physical and moral character of students.
4. To raise an individual to a higher level of awareness, under healthy kinship with all living things.
5. To invoke a wish to learn and serve the people.
6. To awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
7. To train the students to be self dependent and to be clear about professional goals.
8. To build strong character and raise their intelligence level.
9. To enhance among students the proper understanding of techniques of evolution.
10. To develop the scientific temper, humanism and spirit of reform.